Events to be held around the UK for Botanical Art Worldwide day:
- Opening on the 18th of May is the exhibition for England and Wales which is at the Peter Scott Gallery in the University of Lancaster in Lancashire.
For more information and opening times please see this link – Exhibition Info
Above is the two-page spread in the Lancaster Wildlife Trust magazine.
Here is a link to see the artwork on display: Gallery of Paintings
- The SBA will be at the Art Workers Guild in London on the 18th May for a day of demos and talks with SBA artists
- On the 18th of May at the Shirley Sherwood Gallery at Kew Gardens, there will be the chance to meet the artists currently commissioned by Kew.
The artists will present their work in a series of informal talks and demonstrations throughout the day.
- On the 18th May, the RHS Lindley Library will be presenting a slideshow of 1,000 images from Botanical Art Worldwide, including the 40 images from In Ruskin’s Footsteps at the Lancaster exhibition.
There will also be an opportunity to join a curated tour of artworks from the RHS Lindley Library Art Collection on this day.
This will include the unique opportunity to see Lindley Library’s most recent acquisition, Dahlia Twynings After Eight. For the first time at the RHS, this watercolour painting by Heidi Venamore will be on display alongside the preliminary sketches for this piece.
Further event information is available here: Lindley Library info
- At the Chelsea Physic Garden there will be a rare chance to view works from the Physic Garden’s collection of paintings with special emphasis on plants from and native to the United Kingdom. Members of the Society will be on hand to welcome visitors to the exhibition and discuss the paintings.
Via a slideshow 1,000 images of paintings from the ‘Botanical Art Worldwide Exhibition , including 40 images from the UK exhibition ‘In Ruskin’s Footsteps’ will also be available for visitors to enjoy.
- In Scotland there will be an exhibition opening at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.