There is no carriage or postal service provided by the Society. Works by carrier will be accepted but the packaging will not be saved for return. Artists intending to send work to Central Hall Westminster from overseas should alert the Executive Secretary. Work should arrive on the receiving day only. Couriers bringing multiple works may unpack in the Gallery. The Society will not take responsibility for payment of any importation charges or duties.
Unframed pictures may be sent, marked as above, which can be framed in the UK. Jackie Gethin Hon RetSBA provides a special framing and delivery service to the Gallery. Contact her directly on tel: +44 (0)1474 814231, or at Trotts Ash, Sole Street, Cobham, Gravesend, Kent DA12 3AY, UK or by email: [email protected] now?
Commercial art carriers
For details and rates of any of their services, please contact the carriers directly. Please do this in plenty of time as art carriers may be able to arrange alternatives. If you can join with other artists, you may be able to reduce charges and use minimal packaging.
- Bristol, Surrey, Sussex, Kent Art Moves of Chelsea, 020 7352 7492, [email protected]: van collection and delivery service. There will be a Bristol collection outside the RWA (Royal West of England Academy), Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1PX
- Edinburgh, Perth, Glasgow, Dumfries, Carlisle, Kendal, Preston, Lancaster, Penrith, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle upon Tyne, Doncaster and many other points en route Picture Post, 01302 711011, mobile 07833 450788, [email protected] Ask Picture Post in good time for their collection and delivery schedule dates for your area
- Penzance, Totnes, Exeter, Southampton and collections en route South Hams Express, 01803 863205, mobile 07502 041139, [email protected]
- London and the home counties and the south west A Van Man Transport, 01202 600012, [email protected]
- Wales Mid Wales Freight, Mobile: 07866 731 400, Office: 01974 282 500, email: [email protected]