UK based artist who focusses on floral/botanical forms in acrylic on canvas or linen expressing the effect of sunlight & shade on the colours and forms of flowers. The work is usually large, showing ‘up-scale’ representations making an impact in large spaces. Boldness is tempered with sensitivity and romance.
Sarah has run an open studio and gallery in Great Walsingham North Norfolk since 2007 and has work in private & corporate collections around the world.
Selected images have been published as prints on canvas and paper by companies such as Rosenstiel’s, The Art Group, Pyramid International and Artko. Further images are reproduced as a growing range of products currently including greeting cards, prints, calendars, melamine and glass tableware and limited edition silk scarves. All are available through Sarah’s website.
Sarah has a formal art education to BA(hons) level.
Silversmithing was chosen as the main degree subject in preference to Fine Art as a method of exploring 3D imagery in a new medium (non-ferrous metals & resistant materials).
During the degree placements were undertaken in other areas; working for a textile designer (to restore the feeling for colour removed by two years of study of metal!)and a major British milliner.
After college there was a period of travel and work took place including one year each in Australia & New Zealand. Whilst in Australia, Sarah set up a business designing and making fashion, hats and jewellery which she sold via the renowned Greville Street Designer’s Market in Melboune.
On return to the UK and via a circuitous route, Sarah worked in the UK retail finance industry; originally in the arena of share registration for one of the largest UK share registers (Abbey National/Santander). She then decided to retrain and undertook a post graduate qualification to became a Chartered Company Secretary (ACIS) with special expertise in Corporate Governance (world prize 2001). She became the Company Secretary for GE Consumer Finance and associated businesses.
Notable Exhibitions – Mostly in North Norfolk and London
- RHS Chelsea Flower show 2011-19 – proud to be chosen to support the 2014 RHS Chelsea Flower Show Charity Gala Preview,
- Society of Botanical Artists – Westminster 2011-14 – winner of People’s Choice Award 2012, Frankfurt Palmengarten 2012-18 – winner of People’s Choice Award 2014
- Solo Shows at Oxo Gallery – London Southbank (2009) & Red dot Gallery – Holt, Norfolk, (2008), Ingleby Gallery – Debyshire (2012)
- Mixed shows at Catto Gallery – Hampstead, Coningsby Gallery – London & John Noott Gallery, Broadway (including their exhibit at the AAF, London)
- BBC2 Show Me the Monet Series 2 Finalist/Winner – Mall Gallery Exhibition
- 36 pieces for the Oriental restaurant on the P&O Cruise ship Azura (April 2010 launch).
- Boardroom of Waterbabies Limited head offices
- Major piece for the Reception Desk of P&O Superliner Britannia (Spring 2015 launch)
- Numerous pieces for inclusion in private collections in the UK, US, Italy, Hong Kong et al