I have two master degrees, Accounting and Philosophy, and more than 20 years working experience as a Management Consultant before becoming a botanical artist. Now I create botanical art on a full-time basis. I also dedicate myself to operate the Taiwan Association of Botanical Artists (TABA) and teach/promote botanical art in Taiwan.
I was never trained to draw or paint at all but one day I started to paint very intuitively after a trip to the Amazon rainforest. I believe the direct experience of the strong energy of the Amazon Rainforest, the Botanical Artist Margaret Mee’s art and life inspire me.
Following are the international exhibitions that I have participated in.
· RHS Botanical Art Show, “The Jewels In The Amazon Rainforest”, Silver-Gilt Medal, London, UK, 2022
· RBGE (Royal Botanical Garden Edinburgh) Florilegium, Edinburgh UK, 2020
· Plantae 2020, The Society of Botanical Artists (SBA), Mall Gallery, London, UK, 2020
· Society of Artists of Botanical Arts (SABA), Moscow, 2019
· Botanical Art Department, Japan Grand Prix International Orchid Festival, Tokyo, Japan, 2016
For the past five years, I have mainly focused on epiphytes. I still love epiphytes, but my plan for 2023 and 2024 will be diversifying my botanical art creation. I would love to enjoy every journey I have been through.